Dear Winchester Families:
1. We would like to thank town meeting members for their recent support of our FY18 budget, the new turf field at Skillings, and the bridge funding for implementation of tuition-free full-day kindergarten.
2. FDK orientation sessions are slated to conclude at our five elementary schools this week. All parents who have not yet registered eligible children for our tuition-free FDK program are encouraged to do so as soon as possible.
3. Have you registered for a bus pass yet? Please complete this important step as soon as you can, since this helps us to plan more efficient routes.
4. The district will present the draft 10-year Master Facilities Plan to the community on May 22, 2017 at 7 p.m. in the WHS auditorium. All are welcome.
5. My next superintendent's chat will be held on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the School Committee meeting room at Parkhurst School. As we begin planning for our school start time study, I am interested in hearing from you about this issue or anything else about the district that is on your mind.
6. Winchester Got Lunch is a great summer lunch program for families. Click here for a registration form.
Judith A. Evans, Ed.D., Superintendent