May Update 2018
Dear Winchester Families:
I hope you and your family are enjoying the warmer weather and longer days of spring! We have just a few short weeks left in the school year and it has truly been a pleasure to work with our students and families.
Recent district news:
- The McCall expansion project is well underway, with the Phase I addition of three new classrooms scheduled to be ready for fall occupancy.
- The FY19 district budget was recently approved at town meeting. This is a level-service budget that maintains reasonable class sizes and programs, but does not support new initiatives or programs, due to limited financial resources. Town and school officials agree that we are likely to need an operational override for our FY20 budgets.
- A survey was sent to elementary parents to help us plan for wrap-around care. Please take time to complete this so we can finish our planning.
- We have lots of great programs planned for the summer. Please check the website for more details: https://sites.google.com/a/winchesterps.org/wps-summer-enrichment/
- As always, our district Facebook page is a good source of information. I also post frequently on Twitter (@JudithEvans1).
- I hope to see you at one the district's many celebrations of student excellence and achievement in the coming weeks.
Judith A. Evans, Ed.D.